Nativity of Our Lady Parish
In 1957, there were enough Catholic families in Amherst to warrant another parish be established. Consequently, on September 8, 1957 Archbishop Barry announced the establishment of a second parish in Amherst and once the new parish boundaries were settled, celebration of mass began in West Highlands School in January 1958. The new church was begun in the spring of 1959, with the first mass celebrated in the fall of that year. Many charter members of the parish are still present and active in parish life.
The Sunday morning choir under the direction of Lisa Baldwin provided the music ministry at the 11:15 mass. Glenn White was the organist on Sundays.
At the time of amalgamation into Holy Family Parish, Nativity of Our Lady was a community of some 300+ families and individuals.